Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Promise

Keagan will tell anyone that his goal is to play in the NBA one day. It makes no difference to him that he doesn't fit the profile of a typical NBA player. He is convinced that it will happen. Two weeks ago he told me that when he gets drafted and plays for the Thunder, he will buy a pair of Nike KD shoes. I reminded him that when he goes pro he will be able to design and market his own brand of basketball shoe and it won't be necessary to wear shoes with Kevin Durant's name all over them. He looked at me in all seriousness and said, "Mom, my shoes will be too expensive."

Yesterday he told me, "Mom, I love you so much that I promise when I make it to the NBA and become rich, I will take you to Spain. I might even hook you up with some play off tickets."

Today he is decked out in his basketball uniform.




It's 89 degrees and he has on thick, black sports socks pulled up to his knees. I thought to myself this kid understands fashion and the most important rule: style over comfort. If you have seen a recent post game interview with a NBA great, then we might agree that he is meant for the NBA after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment