Thursday, March 7, 2013

Super Woman Does it Again

I was sent to Toys R Us on a mission: to buy a Skylander. But not any 'ole Skylander would do. I was given this matrix, complete with if/then statements and a circle/square code, to interpret and to guide my purchase decisions.


As the boys were running to the field for practice, Evan screamed over his shoulder, "Forget Series 2; Just look for Series 1!" I said okay without having any idea what he was talking about.

It took me all of the two hour soccer practice to distinguish that of all 72 names listed on this piece of paper, only two of the Skylanders were actually in stock.

When I picked the boys up from practice, they immediately asked if I found the Skylander. I replied that I had, and then I heard Evan whisper in a not-so-whispery-voice, "I bet you my Skylander she didn't get the right one!"

I am proud to say that some of my super cool mom skills remain intact and I was able to find not one, but two, of the aforementioned Skylanders. I was thanked with a pat on the back and the comment, "Super Woman, you did it again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment