Saturday, September 15, 2012

Winning for a Losing Team

 It is no secret we left the organization we played for last year so that Keagan would have a team. He may now have a team, but it is a team that has yet to win a game. In all honesty, in two years, the team will be unstoppable, but we don't have two years. We have nine months and that makes losing real difficult to swallow.

Keagan told me after the game that he appreciated my sideline cheers and suggestions. He told me, "Your suggestions actually made more sense than the coach's." I completely understand that this will be the only time I will ever here such words from either boy. I will treasure them forever.

Our first win will be celebrated in a big way. Forget icecream. Keagan has already requested a shrimp dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment