Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break

Today the boys and I spent the day in DC. This is what I experienced today.

Without Wes, we do not have the advantage of prime parking spots so I drove to Springfield, and the boys and I took the metro into the city. It was so easy that I wondered on the way home why we don't do this more often. And then I remembered. It is called Wes; he hates public transportation. However, I am convinced that I will do this more often this summer with the boys.

Knowing my boys would be hungry and in need of a snack, I packed several options for each to enjoy. We hadn't pulled onto 95 yet when Keagan asked for his first snack. Evan was on snack two when the metro arrived to the Smithsonian station (yes, that is a crackers sack in the pic!), and within the next hour both boys were begging for food. Really, already??? Why did I think that a package of Spongebob crackers and a banana would be enough to sustain my boys? And so we left the exhibit in the American History museum to find the closest cafe. I dropped about $30 on two sandwiches and two drinks because, as my brother-in-law says, "they are proud of those sandwiches."

We spent most of our time in the invention exhibit of the American History museum. Evan created a pinball maze with kitchen utensils, and Keagan created the masterpiece entitled "Mommy!" I love to watch their minds work..Evan is so precise, just so and Keagan is much more open minded and free thinking.

We ended the trip with a new favorite pastime of ours...IMAX movies. Today we saw "Under the Sea 3-D" at the Natural History Museum. Both boys belly laughed when the tide rushed over their heads, Keagan continually tried to catch a fish with his little fingers outstretched, and Evan begged to stay and watch the next movie. I promised that we would return to see "Dinosaurs 3-D", and he said, "How about tonight?"

No comments:

Post a Comment