Saturday, November 27, 2021

It’s Beginning to Look Like Christmas

Note to self: Never say never. At one time I thought the orange and white checkered bibs were just about the worst thing any college kid could wear. Time changes opinions. Case in point. My own son is wearing the once hated bib and I bought it! Nothing screams school spirit like this lovely fit.



Now that Thanksgiving is over, now that the family has returned home, now that all seven loads of laundry have been done, it is time to decorate for Christmas! While Evan and Mak watched the Tennessee football game and Keagan and Madi watched a movie, I decorated. 

I had to have my fireplace stone painted white for no other reason than this. 



I bought this nine foot flocked and pre-lit tree this summer for $399. I had no idea what I would get when I opened the box today, but I am so very pleased. This is better than I expected! 



My winter themed tiered tray is a carry over from last year. I love a clean, neutral color theme. 



Decorating my German dough bowl with each new season is my absolute favorite task. 



Most of these holiday pieces were given to me by a dear friend. Every year I pull them out and think of all the years we’ve been friends. 



 Now I’m kicking back, putting my feet up, and enjoying the beauty of the twinkling Christmas lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment