Friday, November 12, 2021

UTK HoCo

This is UTK’s HoCo week - Charge the Checkerboard. Many traditions are alive and strong this week; here’s the first: the fountain water is orange. 



Evan, his pledge brothers, and pledges from a sorority have been pomping twelve hours a day for a week to create the yard decoration. That’s millions of pieces of paper twisted and glued into place! This is impressive! 





There was Smokey’s Howl and the bonfire Thursday night. And today’s parade included the band, cheerleaders, and floats. Here are parts of AGR’s float. I’m very impressed! So much hard work went into this! 







Friday night was Makinley’s formal. 






With all of the HoCo prep work, Evan says he’d had a  total of six hours of sleep in two days when he was approached by some “Bible guys” in black suits on his way to class Wednesday. They wanted to hear his testimony. Evan was short on time and patience. Here was his encounter, 

“I start off with baptism and he’s like “ima be blunt with you baptism isn’t salvation” and I said bro listen I agree but I have to condense my life story in a 2 minute discussion, I’m in a small group community don’t try and tell me my philosophy is messed up”

Given another time, I’m sure he would have loved to debate the Bible guys a little longer. Right now he’s more concerned with getting sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment