Friday, April 9, 2021

Artistic

In elementary school Keagan disliked, almost hated, Art in the Schools Night. Parents and students lined the hallways of the school gawking at student art work, praising their kids. Keagan, though, was always embarrassed by his work. In first grade, his tree didn’t look quite right, so he lied, pointed to the best tree, and told me that one was his. He fessed up when I questioned him about it. I framed his off balanced, odd shaped tree and told him every day how much I loved it. 

Fast forward to tenth grade and Keagan got placed in art. We thought for sure this would be the longest year of our lives having to suffer through a YEAR of art, but the teacher soon showed us that even those that drew odd looking trees in first grade can find success in 10th grade. 



Look at this! It looks just like a sloth - even if Evan disagrees. I’m going to frame it and tell Keagan every day how much I love it. 

1 comment:

  1. I clearly see a sloth..good job Keagan..Art was my favorite thing to do..

    ReplyDelete