Saturday, November 21, 2020

Triangle, NC

Keagan and I are spending the weekend in North Carolina for a soccer showcase. I skipped work and let Keagan skip a day of school which means this is a big deal. Keagan has spent two days emailing coaches his profile and has been hoping for a scout or coach to come watch him play this weekend. 

I love this area. I have dreaded the drive through the mountains for months anticipating a long and slow drive, but now that I’m out of the mountains and I’m in the triangle, I totally see the appeal of going to school in North Carolina. Our hotel is in Carrboro, our fields are in Cary or Raleigh, and we have driven every inch of both college campuses in Chapel Hill and Durham. 





Duke is gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous -  but because we lost, Keagan was in no mood for pictures this afternoon. I got the backside of the chapel instead. 







We beat the Charleston NPL team on Friday 3-0. We lost to the Charlotte ECNL team 1-3 on Saturday. 



On Sunday we play a team from Florida. (Update: We won 1-0.) Win, lose, or draw I’m loving my time with Keagan. 



December takes us to Indy. I can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy..Hope you had some coaches to come see you play Keagan..:) aka sweet feet.

    ReplyDelete