Thursday, June 11, 2020

Kentucky College Visits

The kitchen is in the middle of construction. We had the countertops installed on Monday. The quartz is everything I envisioned! I just love them!



The paint team has been working on the cabinets for the past three days. I can’t cook. I can’t even make a sandwich, so Evan and I decided this was perfect timing for college visits. 



After three hours on the road, the first stop was Louisville. The sports facilities and fields were about the only thing that impressed Evan (and me). 



After lunch, we headed East for UK. We drove through the quaint downtown area of Lexington with lots of restaurants and shops, and as we got closer to campus, I fell in love with the student shopping area and restaurants. We arrived just as a big storm was rolling in, so as we sat it out, Evan said, “I never thought it would be this nice.”

 

Once the campus opens, he will sign up for a guided tour. 

I haven’t been able to dissuade him; Evan wants to attend a large university. He wants the strong athletic tradition, a fraternity experience, a pre-pt program, and the school spirit that accompanies tradition. He ranks his top choices as 1. UAB, 2. UK, 3. Auburn. However, we still have UT to visit. Next month, we will make our way to East Tennessee.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quartz...cannot wait to see all you have done. Tell Evan...I can delete one of those colleges for him. Ha.Ha...love y'all.

    ReplyDelete