Monday, May 14, 2018

On the Road to Regionals

After a second place finish in district, the high school soccer team began regional play against a high school in Memphis. The boys went to school for half a day and then made the four hour drive west. Evan was the only freshman to make the trip.


I didn’t drive to Memphis because “freshman don’t play varsity.” Eight hours in a car and eight hours with eighteen eight year olds is too much - even for me- in one day. I skipped the road trip and watched Keagan in his semi-final game instead. 

Imagine my shock when I received a text from a friend that she had taken pics of Evan on the field. He was playing in a varsity *regional* game and I was missing it! And he was playing in the midfield.





We left West Tennessee with a win and a secured spot in sectionals. I was so excited for Evan that I didn’t bat an eye at having to pick him up from the school at midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment