Monday, May 14, 2018

Third Place Has Never Looked Better

Middle school soccer is always full of surprises. You can always count on a parent who doesn’t know soccer, but tonight we had an irrate parent from the opposing team run onto the field during the game! Good heavens! I was speechless. Not five minutes later another parent was kicked off the sidelines. I have no idea what would have happened if our game meant something more than third place. I wisely announced, “This is 13 year old, middle school rec soccer that has no bearing on your child’s life. Chill.” Everyone greatly appreciated my pearls of wisdom - especially the dad who was taking the walk of shame around the field and to the parking lot.

We won 2-1. 

Keagan vs Angel. With his new haircut, I didn’t recognize Keagan on the field. I kept cheering for Christian when the mom next to me finally said, “That’s your kid!”







Keagan won that series. 





And this one. 



Wednesday we wrap up the middle school season with the consolation game for third place. (We sure did have to play a lot of games to only get third.)


No comments:

Post a Comment