Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Team Effort

Keagan made us promise we would not move until he had a chance to play middle school soccer with his brother and for Coach Jandro. His wish was my demand. Luckily, the Army complied.

Evan was named co-captain of the team, but I've been told that Keagan is quick to tell the eighth graders what to do and is considered the psuedo-captain. Together my two led practice tonight. Keagan became upset and impatient when the older boys couldn't finish a drill, so Evan had to take the role of the calm, patient one. I heard it for myself tonight,  or I would have never believed it. 

 

Game one is Monday which means it will certainly  storm and get rained out. Keagan will gnash his teeth and complain of having to wait to play his first full game. Evan will calmly explain he will get to still play,  and when Keagan leaves the room, he, too, will curse the rain. And so will I. I've waited three years for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment