Saturday, November 16, 2013

Winter Basketball

The boys' first basketball games were today. This is Keagan's favorite sport. He has asked me several times if I will find a travel basketball team for him, and after today's performance, I think I just might honor that request. It was a sad, sad day for the Predators. The only saving grace is he was placed on a team that includes a couple of boys that are on his travel soccer team. My poor boy is out dribbling between his legs while some of his teammates are shooting on the wrong goal and clapping when the other team scores. It is frustrating beyond belief - for him and me.


The look on his face says it all.


Evan's team, on the other hand, has three fairly strong players and won their first game rather easily. He just so happens to be on a team that also includes a couple of boys from his soccer team. He was the tallest boy on the court and rebounded effortlessly today. I'm not really sure what happened to him this week, but Tuesday night he went to bed at 7:30. Wednesday night he ate three bar-b-que sandwiches for dinner, and Thursday morning, he put on a pair of jeans, that fit last week, and are now 1/4 an inch too short. I am completely amazed at how much this kid continues to grow and amazed at how much money I've had to spend on clothing in the last six months.



We're back at it next weekend. I'm praying God switches allegiance to the Predators and Evan stops growing long enough to wear the winter clothes I bought last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment