Sunday, May 20, 2012

We Won State!


The U10 Gator boys won the Georgia State Rec Cup! 



We have come a long way since that first tournament almost two years ago at Jekyll Island. I remember it because that was the weekend that one kiddo played Jedi with an imaginary opponent and sword while playing defense. Then there was the other boy who brought action figures to the game and played GI Joe on the sidelines while his own team played, and I will never forget the scare we had when another player drank the alcohol water we were soaking cooling rags in. Don't forget the kid with the attitude; my wooden spanking spoon was burning a hole in my purse all weekend it wanted to be put to use so badly.

Evan cried all the way home that weekend because he had never been on a losing soccer team before. I cried, too, because I couldn't stand to have my boy on a team with a bunch of kids who didn't take the sport seriously...even if they were only eight.

After two years, 9 tournaments, 24 games, and 72 practices, it all came together for the perfect win. Evan scored twice, Keagan had two assists, and the final score was 7-0.
Some celebrated more than others. Keagan celebrated with his fan club.
Evan was content celebrating with Italian ice and then a pizza party with his friends.


I may or may not have celebrated with a fruity alcoholic drink.

Congratulations to our boys! You deserved this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment