Sunday, May 27, 2012

I've Got Spirit, Yes, I Do!


I used to have a life that included relaxing holiday weekends on the water. That is a distant memory. Instead, we spent this past weekend on the soccer fields. We tied the first game, lost the second game, and won the last game. Evan threw a couple of shoulder blocks to the guy with the headband so that he could win the ball. My heart was bursting with pride...I love to see football blocks on the soccer field.

Feel free to initiate an intervention for me. Just make sure it takes place in the off-season.


However, a grandfather for one of the opposing teams stopped me to ask, "Aren't you the mom that I met in Charleston last year?" I didn't recognize him at first, but after a while, it all came back to me, and I told him he had a really great memory. I went on to say that I guess it was hard to forget someone as loud as me on the sidelines, and he said, "You're not loud; just spirited."

That's a perfect description of me. Spirited. I like it so much better than all of the other names I have been called.

No comments:

Post a Comment