Wednesday, December 7, 2011

St Nicholas Day


The German tradition continues in Georgia, and the boots are next to the door. In nine years, this is the first time we have not used combat boots. This year they are actually being used by our soldier.

Today Keagan asked, "Mom, why am I the only one in my class who knows anything about putting my boot next to the door?"
Evan answered for me. "Keagan, you have to be Germans like us to know anything about St. Nicholas and putting your boot by the door. All those other kids weren't born in Germany so they don't understand."

I LOVE how Evan is in third grade and still believes he is German. He told me the other day that if Wes gets the job in Germany next fall, he will refuse to learn German. I asked him what he planned to speak with his German soccer friends, and he said, "Well, they will just have to learn English."

He may believe he is German, but he thinks like an American.

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment