Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

I have a hard time handing out trick or treat candy to teens, but I have an even harder time doing it when they don't bother to wear a costume and they use a purse as their treat sack. So when the eighth grader wearing sweats and carrying the fake Gucci purse just rang my bell, I gave her a pixie stick that I found in the pantry from a birthday party we attended months ago. She saw my chocolate, she saw me bypass it, and I caught her questioning look.

The pixie stick seemed like a good decision at the time, the perfect "that'll get her", but I am now fearing retaliation.

The boys hit the streets tonight eager for their own candy collection. Evan went as Captain America, Keagan as a Storm Trooper, and Ian, our neighbor and third child, went as a Ninja.





As I lay awake tonight waiting for the return of the teenagers and the sounds of eggs hitting my windows, I will take comfort in knowing I have these guys watching over me.


No comments:

Post a Comment