Friday, September 23, 2011

Punt, Pass, Kick

This is what I overheard tonight in the stands while I watched fifty something kiddos punt, pass and kick at the local NFL competition.
"That number 77 on your team is the biggest kid in the league!"
"What are you talking about? You have at least five guys as big as our number 77 playing on the line."
"That ain't true. I think you need to double check the weight on that 77 boy. He's too big to be running the ball."
That's when I interjected.
"Hey, that number 77 is my baby, and I will verify all 88 pounds of my eight year old boy."
"Oh, yeah? 88 plus what?"
"88 pounds plus pure talent"
"Whatever, m'am. I saw that number 77 this morning at PT running with first brigade."
I know that joke is lost for anyone who doesn't live the Army life - which means not one person will read this and understand the above conversation. But it was the funniest thing I had heard all day, and after spending a full day in professional development and the early morning hours in the ER, I was laughing pretty hard. 

Evan won second place in the 8/9 year old bracket. He couldn't believe the real NFL commissioner had signed his certificate. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a pre-stamped certificate. Evan went to bed wondering how he could have possibly missed the arrival of the man that holds his dream job.



Keagan won second place in the 6/7 year old bracket. He was madder than you know what, and said, "I don't like to lose, Mama." Hence, the dark background of the picture. We had to wait an hour after the winners announcement before he would consider posing with a second place ribbon.



I take full blame for the above.  However, I do not take the blame for having my boys dressed in identical sports wear. It just happened. Honest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment