Friday, July 8, 2011

To All My Followers in India

Our lives this week have been filled with a hodge podge of uninteresting events. However, when I started the blog several years ago, I wanted to remember what normal, every day life was like with the boys then ages 4 and 2. Nothing this week has been earth shattering, and yet it has been exactly what I hoped to document when I started so many years ago. Our simple and yet perfect life.

So here are the highlights of week five of our summer vacation.

1. Wes's deployment date was changed AGAIN. He is now scheduled to leave in January. Someone must be in constant prayer that he not be deployed, and we need to tell whoever that is that it is time to stop the prayers. Wes actually wants to go, and this constant "he is going/he is not going" is wearing me down.

2. I give the boys a night time snack before bed almost every night. It usually includes fruit or crackers. Last night Keagan asked for baked beans. All the fun included with the consumption of beans began just as we snuggled into bed to read the next chapter in "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing."

3. The UPS guy delivered a package from Target, and as he walked back to the truck, I said, "Thanks, Hon." Keagan asked, "Do you know that guy? You just called him Hon." Evan replied, "It's okay, Keagan. Everybody does that in Georgia."

4. I purchased a running skirt this week, and it is just so stinkin' cute that I think I might become a PE teacher just so I can wear it everyday. It was either that or go for a run, and it seems like it would be so much easier to go back to school for two years then it would be to go for a run in the summer in Georgia.

5. Evan asked me yesterday to peel some "apfels." He looked at me with a real serious look and asked, "Wait. Was that the right word?" I responded with, "It would if we were living in Germany." We haven't lived in Germany since he was two years old, and he is now eight throwing out German words like that's our household language. CRAZY the way the brain works!

6. I found a stack of surf/swim shirts sitting in the corner of Keagan's room last week, and I made the comment that I had found all of his lost beach shirts. He said, "Well, it looks like they were havin' a party over there. I hope they keep it down because I gotta get some sleep."

7. I am addicted to the stats tab on the dashboard of the blog. I know it has probably been there for a couple of years, but I just found it yesterday. It tells you how many people read the blog and from which sites they are accessing your blog. Fascinating! I had no idea that I had such a huge following in India.

8. There was 0% chance of rain on Wednesday so we made plans to go to the pool. It rained from 2:00 - 9:00. There was 50% chance of rain today so we decided to skip the pool. The sun is shining. If fifteen years ago I had had any idea that meteorologists were such pranksters, I would have considered it more seriously as a career.

9. We took the boys to the drive-in last week to see Cars 2. Yep. The drive in. As we made our way there, Evan said something to the effect, "I don't think this is normal." I explained that it was completely normal fifty years ago, but I am happy to report that we went and had a great time. So much so you would have thought it was a completely normal thing to do.

And so there you have it. My week in review was written for all five of my Dedicated Followers in India.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/8920323574995045793-341589051774818222?l=kaceytoole.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment