Sunday, May 14, 2023

After Prom

While Keagan and his friends were at prom, the parents set up After Prom. 





For one full year we fundraised and planned and organized, and tonight we sigh with relief that it’s over! Please don’t ask me to ever sell anything ever again. I’m done with fundraising and 501-3c paperwork and trying to persuade others to help! But at the same time, it was lovely to see a community of parents, business owners, and store managers come together to make tonight such a success. I will be forever grateful to the people who supported us with drinks, pizza, doughnuts, candy, and prizes!



I’ve been awake for 24 hours, my feet hurt like you wouldn’t believe, and I’m so tired I can’t think straight. However, 245 seniors had a safe place to go after prom, and they were so grateful for the prizes, food, and games.



Keagan played a round of basketball (look at that smile on the guy guarding Keagan), and his friend Landon came to me afterwards and said, “Ms. Kacey, it was like the old days in Farmington, Keagan did the exact same moves and still shot right in front of my face.” 



Madi won a tv, and Keagan went home with cash.  I’m going home with a full heart! 



What a great team we made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment