Friday, December 9, 2022

Chasing a Dream

We made it through the fog and over the mountains to reach Asheville a little before midnight on Wednesday night. We were awakened Thursday morning to an elderly tour group trying to get their bags into the elevator. I woke up mad as a hornet until I realized it was after 8:00. 😳 We hit the road and made it to Raleigh in time for lunch before the combine began. 

My boy is chasing a dream he’s had as long as I can remember. He had two college coaches at his first game watching him play, but we were pleased with more than thirty coaches watching our games. 













We played the Virginia Beach ECNL team and won 1-0. 

Saturday we played the Alabama ECNL team and won 2-1. This was a great game! K had an assist with his throw in to Roen. 





Sunday morning we beat the ECNL team from Florida 2-0. What a weekend of soccer!



The teams in our bracket complained that they had to play us, a mere USYS team; they went so far as to ask the tournament director to move us to a lower bracket so they could play a “better” team. What a sweet story! We are four for four playing ECNL teams. That’s not a fluke. Just because we don’t wear ECNL letters (pay to play) on our jerseys doesn’t mean you can underestimate us! 

Keagan and I finished up Christmas shopping in between World Cup games. I read a book; he did homework. We watched Army beat Navy and a couple of episodes of Family Feud. At one point we realized Judge Judy was playing in the background, and we got pulled into the drama of a he said/she said. We took naps and ate lunches at Panera. When in the car, I ran over no fewer than three curbs, and I drove the wrong way down a one way twice. I’m glad I was able to keep the excitement alive with our road trip adventures. May it not be our last.


No comments:

Post a Comment