Friday, December 4, 2020

Indy Showcase

We are in Indianapolis for a soccer showcase tournament. I’m wrapped up on the sidelines like I’m in the Arctic Circle. I bought new boots anticipating cold and I’m so glad that I did. At today’s game, I was sitting on the sidelines with every part of me under multiple layers. Keagan came out of bounds for a ball and said, “Mom? Is that you? Do you have enough layers?”



In the second half Keagan was elbowed in the eye. He was pulled from the game and had to undergo concussion protocol. We are hoping the eye remains open tonight and doesn’t swell shut so he can play tomorrow. On a positive note, we won today’s game 1-0 against Louisville, and Keagan was awarded the game winning assist. 



After both of us completed school work, we went to dinner in downtown Carmel with friends. This city is just beautiful! I could do without the hundreds of round abouts, but I love the architecture and Christmas lights. The downtown looks like something from a Hallmark Christmas movie. 






Tomorrow we play indoors. I can’t wait to see how we perform against the local team, and I can’t wait to watch the game without layers of blankets in my lap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment