Friday, September 23, 2016

Teacher Leaders




My week in DC was a complete whirlwind! I did so much, met so many people, learned so much that I don't even know where to begin. Here's what I can best remember.

1. I'm not a people person. Loud, abrasive people are super annoying. They don't even have to be on the soccer field; I will still recoil from attention seekers. 

2. I've never been more excited to see my boys and hear country music blaring from Tootsie's than I was today. 

3. If I lived and worked in DC, I would need a completely new wardrobe. I'm certain Ann Taylor would be my new best friend.

4. I'm not the only one who has a strong opinion about education. I'm not the only one who has been stifled for so long that our voice has almost been silenced.

5. There are still good people working in DoDEA headquarters.

6. I have the best job, the most meaningful job in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment