Sunday, March 13, 2016

Soccer in the Smokies

I love the Smokey Mountains in summer time with the lush greenery, the sound of the water, and the peacefulness of the outdoors. But I hate the crowds. People crawl out of every nook and cranny when the kids aren't in school. In March, though, everything is brown. On the upside, there are no crowds. This weekend Keagan had a soccer tournament there; we avoided the crowds but had to imagine the beautiful green mountains hidden by fog and clouds. 


It was just me and this guy. Making memories.


In between games one and two, we rode the mountain coaster. I tried to take pics but Keagan was so consumed with excitement about steering a luge-like machine up and down hills that I never got one with both of us looking at the camera. He squealed like a girl and was so proud that I never hit the break even while taking turns going 40mph. I was pretty proud of my dare devil self, too. 

We won game one 11-0, game two 5-4, and the final game 3-0. We avoided game four with the threat of thunderstorms. The boys came home with gold. 


I can think of no better way to spend my weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment