Friday, October 9, 2015

Work? What's Work?

While my co-workers were spending their fall break vacation in Mexico, France, and Italy, I've had a riveting week taking the cat to the vet, cleaning out closets, fixing a leaking faucet, and cleaning toilets. I've picked up the foster from detention, scheduled counseling sessions, and had a P/T phone conference about skipped classes and missing assignments. I've taken E to multiple sports practices, a physical appointment, two football games, and a soccer match. I've carted K to agility training, helped him study for four tests, fixed his cellphone after he deleted his keypad, and I tried to give him a haircut the night before picture day. I've retaught conjugating the verb ser, solving inequalities, and the major battles of the Civil War. I've hosted a spouse brunch and organized our unit's holiday parties. I've never been more busy, and I'm left wondering. How do I ever manage to fit in a ten hour work day?

I'm really jealous right now of everyone that has this as their view during fall break.


After this week, I'm in need of a vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment