Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bring It On

Oh, how I have missed soccer! I love this game more than I ever thought possible. I would never admit it to the boys, but if they played soccer exclusively, I wouldn't mind one bit. The start of a new season is always exciting, but this fall we are with new clubs. Yep, that's right. Clubs. We couldn't find one club with a team for both so Keagan is playing for a team in Tennessee and Evan is playing for a club out of Kentucky.  Just call me crazy.

Keagan's first friendly with his new club was today. His favorite move is the pull back, but this weekend he had a scissor move and a couple of headers. He even scored a couple of times. I won't lie. It was very difficult to pull on the white/red jersey when our heart still bleeds blue.


Evan's first friendly for his team was today, too. I'll just go ahead and tell you he secured a starting position when he blocked a shot in the goal (while our goalie was on the ground) with his head! The crowd went wild, or maybe it was just me that did all of that cheering. No, it was the entire sidelines, including the other team who had just been robbed of a perfectly great goal. 


Our first tournaments are next weekend. I have already begun my stretching regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment