Sunday, April 14, 2013

Utopia

It was my lucky weekend. We had four soccer games yesterday on fields just steps from the beach. This was beyond lucky; this was my Utopia. In between games number three and four, we had a two hour block of time with nothing to do, so we hit the beach.

 It was low tide when we arrived, and the oyster colony was in full view. We even learned that they clack when touched. I had no idea. The boys climbed the rocks and found a colony of horseshoe crabs. Big horseshoe crabs! On our way back to our picnic lunch, we found a few stingrays swimming in the shallow waters and we sang the ABC song to sea snails to entice them out of their shells. 

The ref's whistle lured us back to the fields, and we went home last night with two wins and two losses. I don't know that bar-b-que and country music at our next duty station will ever be able to replace the love I have for this. 


Both boys told me yesterday that they could live on the island forever. I suppose that makes next year's spring break trip an easy sell.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds nice. Maybe at some point our Spring Breaks will coincide and we can join you. Mallory still talks about going to the beach with Evan and Keagan.

    ReplyDelete