Friday, April 27, 2012

Musings from the Field


Keagan had field day on Thursday. His class won first place.


That's him in the back row making some gang symbol (or is that a peace sign gone wrong). It could be either after living here for two years. He said, "Don't worry, Mama! I was the fastest one out there. You would have been proud...and probably doin' a lot of screamin'."

Evan's class had field day on Wednesday. His class won third place, and, of course, it was all because the other class cheated. His class really won. Just like always. He also told me a dad from another class tried to recruit him for a local baseball team, and Evan said, "I play football, soccer, and basketball. I don't have any more time on my calendar." I think that was a quote he stole from his mama!

Keagan had a field trip to the zoo on Wednesday.
He said it was a great trip because he got to take a nap on the bus on the way home (it was a three hour bus ride). Evan asked, "How long did you sleep?" Keagan said, "I don't know. But it was a nap where I woke up and thought, 'Man, that was a quick trip." And Evan said, "Oh, Keagan! Those are the best naps!" Evan was not jealous of the trip; only the nap. And so was I.



Today was the yearbook signing party. Keagan came home with the Autographs page filled with printed signatures, and Keagan said, "It was like I was famous, Mama! Even a third grader wanted my signature. I totally know what it will be like to be a famous football player one day."

No comments:

Post a Comment