Saturday, August 27, 2011

Steelers Football


My mom calls it the F word. I call it football. The boys call it fun. Anyway, you look at it, the fall sports season is upon us, and for this family, that includes tackle football. Keagan and Evan are on the same team again this season. We are playing for the black and gold because blue and silver wasn't an option. We were just relieved it wasn't red and gold because die hard Cowboy fans can't ever cheer for Redskins - even if it is pee-wee football. After this weekend's first practice in full pads, I think everyone would be in agreement with Wes's one word description of both boys on the field: dangerous.





After Saturday morning's early, early practice, I met the boys at the local sporting goods store. The boys needed football cleats. Wes said he needed to pick up some cups; I reminded him the boys both had brand new water bottles. I learned we were talking about two different kinds of cups. When we left the store, I decided the frequent buyer reward program would be my new best friend. We might have spent a few dollars this weekend on football gear.




But when you see this on the field, it is all worth it! GO STEELERS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment