Saturday, June 5, 2021

Summer Vacation

Our trip to Peru was postponed again. The rental car crisis means flying anywhere stateside is almost impossible because you can’t rent a car. This is our summer vacation instead  - a collection of soccer camps. 



This weekend we are in Alabama for our first ID camp. It was supposed to rain all day today, so I packed a raincoat and umbrella. It was 87 degrees with clear skies. I needed sunscreen instead of rain gear. Now I have a sunburn on my face and a heat rash on both legs. I could heat an entire room with the heat radiating from my body right now.




But I got to watch my favorite 16 year old play soccer. Keagan has been asleep since 7:15. He had a shower, ate a burger, cooled off with ice cream and hit the hotel bed ready for sleep.  The heat and training took its toil on him too. Number 118 will be back on the pitch tomorrow. It’s supposed to storm all day. I will not be upset at all if God sends us lightning at our lunch break, so we can head home a little earlier than planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment