Thursday, April 23, 2020

Signs of Spring

One advantage to this 35 day and counting quarantine is all of the time I get to sit on the porch. Life has slowed down, and I get to enjoy, truly enjoy, watching my favorite season emerge. The cherry tree blossoms, the daffodils, and the tulip trees were the very first to prove spring had sprung. The dogwoods bloomed next, and every day I got to see them slowly unfurl in front of my eyes. 



Then the forsythia on the fence line bloomed a bright yellow. 



This week the irises opened and the azaleas bloomed bright pink.









Then I noticed my thornless rose bush bloomed. 



Next should be the red bud trees and the crepe myrtles. 

I don’t know if I’ll ever experience a more enjoyable spring season. I’m trying to soak it all up before the rush and exhaustion of our normalcy resumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment