Monday, August 26, 2019

Friday Night Lights





If you had told me five years ago my boy would be in the stands watching a football game instead of playing in it, I would have laughed in your face. From the age of four, Evan has lived, breathed, and loved football. He watches it. He records a podcast about it. He studies it. He debates it. But he doesn’t play it. He watched one movie about CTE. And just liked that he put his helmet away and never looked back. I’m still trying to recover from the decision. It’s funny how life’s paths divert and take you places you never imagined. 

We have our own version of Friday night’s lights - on Saturday nights. 



Evan played in his first state league game with his new team this weekend. He fouled the forward in the box causing a penalty kick and we lost 2-3. It was heartbreaking. (Although I’ll give the offense credit for losing, too. They missed two PKs.) We play again this weekend; I hope he has a chance to redeem himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment