Friday, March 8, 2019

New Start

Keagan practiced this week with his new AAU team. We are back on the road driving an hour and some change just south of Nashville three times a week. Nobody cusses at the coach or has had to be restrained for violent tendencies. Nobody has recently been released from prison. Wednesday night I parked next to a parent driving a Lexus. The school gym we use is part of a private elementary school that charges upward $45K a year in tuition. Suffice it to say, compared to years past, this has been a very different experience for us. 

Wednesday night Keagan told me I wasn’t going to fit in with these moms. “These moms came prissin’ in the gym with their little boots, scarves, and blush wavin’ fans and complaining of how hot it was in the gym.” I wasn’t sure how to take this. I had on booties and wore make-up. So I asked, “Who do I fit in with then?” 

“Well certainly not with anyone too prissy. I can see you tellin’ them to get over the heat -it’s a gym. It’s going to be real fun watching you with them this year.”

I’m on a mission. I’m making friends with every prissy mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment