Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Double Digits



Ten years old is pretty important when you are a military kid. It's the year commemorated with your personal ID card. Keagan got his today.

All week he has tried to tell us that ten is not just another year; it is a year of double digits and hence a year of change. He preached all weekend how a ten year old should no longer have to order from the kids' menu. So we relented and let him order from the adult menu each time we ate out; he didn't finish any of his meals.
Today he told me that now he is ten years old he should be allowed to have a girlfriend. When I told him no, he asked if he could have one in fifth grade. I told him no again, and he asked, "Who will I dance with at school dances if I can't have a girlfriend?" (Hence my reason to not allow him a girl friend in the first place.) I told him he could wait until middle school, and he said, "Well, it's a good thing my girlfriend,,,I mean the girl I like will go to the same middle school as me." Hummmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment