Sunday, October 14, 2012

Living at the Beach

Guess what we did this weekend?


I guess it goes without saying that we played soccer! I remember when I used to write that we actually did more than just play soccer, but that is no longer true. In fact, at last weekend's tournament I almost bought a soccer mom t-shirt that bemoaned the smell of dirty cleats and lauded the invention of air fresheners, something I find myself doing every single day of my life. I realized I had hit an all time low coveting the cheap apparel stand; it took all I had to say no to the shirt.

However, this weekend our fields had a view of the ocean that was to die for. I commented,  "It is going to be a sad day when we have to leave Georgia."

And then I said, "Sweet MaryJosephJesus, did I just say that I hate to leave Georgia?"
Yes. Yes, I did.  Truth be told, I could totally live in Georgia, sand gnats, fire ants, and all, if we were living on the coast. Evan could too. He told me Saturday night, as we drove along the coast, "Mom, this is where I want to live!" Oh, how we are cut from the same cloth!

By the way, Evan's team tied all three weekend games: 1-1, 1-1, and 1-1. Evan had a header in game three that just bounced off the cross bar. I almost died and found my way to soccer heaven.


We won't even talk about Keagan's team. I almost died at one of his games, too, but it was for completely different reasons. 
We do it all over again next weekend.
'02 Boys Wear Pink Socks in honor of cancer awareness

No comments:

Post a Comment