Friday, October 19, 2012

A Star is Born

Another school play today. I truly believe they get worse with time, or maybe I have just become less tolerant of lip syncing and missed cues. On the bright side, though, no one lost his pants in the middle of the show in front of 350 people. You might recall that is exactly what happened at last year's performance.

At today's Cars 2 production, Keagan played the role of Lightening McQueen.
Keagan Jammin' with Mater's Band
He received all kinds of congratulations with his performance, and to his credit, he did nail all of his lines. However, he was on quite a power trip with that mic tied around his ear. After the show, he walked around the gym thanking the production crew for a job well done AND shaking their hands; all of this while wearing the mic. Then he walked around the gym patting the backs of his back up singers; all while wearing the mic. He even shook a couple of hands with audience members; all while wearing the mic. Needless to say, he had a hard time letting go of the mic.

There was this moment when he was jamming on stage with his Paper Jams guitar, and I think he had a quick inclination to be on "Shake it Up." I say quick only because I hope it was a quick desire.

Mater and McQueen
While we were leaving the stage, he told the computer teacher, "I remembered all of my lines, but I was so good that I even got a few laughs."

Humble he is not;especially while wearing the mic.

Keagan and Cameron
But I'll take a power trip over lost pants any day.

Congratulations, Keagan! You were one awesome Lightning McQueen!

No comments:

Post a Comment