Sunday, October 6, 2024

Day Two of Weekend Fun

Everyone: “Whatever will you do as an empty nester?”

The answer is everything I have wanted to do but couldn’t do before - live music, comedy shows, and the theatre are my current favorites. 

My flight from Tampa landed at 8:00. I was home just in time to see the last quarter of the UARK and UT game. (Who would have thought we would lose to a unbanked team? This is why college sports is so much more fun to watch than pro.) 

With every 18-30 year old male from Dickson county, Vikki and I met up downtown Sunday night for another rescheduled concert. This time we watched our hometown boy, Koe. 





This crowd differed greatly from Friday night. It was very much the good ol’ boys - very East Texas. He certainly attracts a certain demographic. Vikki and I were the oldest people there. I heard my three favorite songs, and when the final song started, we headed for the exit trying to avoid the crowds, the traffic in a parking garage, and the jammed streets. 

Monday morning will be too early. Tuesday I will feel the effects of Sunday night. But you only live once! 

No comments:

Post a Comment