Sunday, July 14, 2024

36 Hours in Rental House

This weekend I flew to Tampa to see Morgan Wallen with one of my very best friends. Our flights were delayed and canceled, and I arrived to our Air B&B at 0145 in the early morning hours. The neighborhood was so sketch I asked my Uber driver to walk with me to the front door of the house. I was actually a little scared to fall asleep. I got about five hours of sleep before Jenny arrived early the next morning. First thing I did was look out the windows. Here was our view. 



Nothing says home like a school bus parked in the back yard. 

We had brunch at a Greek restaurant and headed back to the house to avoid a big thunderstorm. 



Two hours before the show start, we got an email that the show was canceled. Canceled! After paying for flights, paying exorbitant Uber surcharges for after hours rides, risking our lives in a sketch neighborhood, we didn’t even get to see our guy! We were so upset and we had to have something to drown our sorrows. We headed to the sketch corner store for wine. I was doubtful we would find anything, but we shouldn’t have doubted the Sunoco. 



Quality Sutter wine right here. Los muchachos next door we’re getting high. Don't think for a second it didn’t cross my mind to join them. 

We will see you, Tampa, again in October! Our guy better be well and be prepared for a terrific show!

No comments:

Post a Comment