Saturday, September 23, 2023

Big D



Even if day two in Dallas didn’t produce longhorns or cheerleaders, we tried to explore as many of the districts as our itinerary allowed. We started the day in the Harwood District eating brunch at a Parisian restaurant. The spinach quiche and mimosa with the frozen fruit ball were delish!



We sat in the courtyard and listened to live music and then spent a couple of hours in the Arts District at the Dallas Museum of Art. It was impressive with Picasso, Kahlo, O’Keefe, Signet, Dumas, Renoir, and Monet works on display.



After feeling cultured, we headed back to the house for afternoon football. We are probably the only ladies who take a girls’ trip and still watch college football, but we do. Dinner was in the East Quarter, near Deep Ellum, at the Brass Ram and it was superb! The hollandaise sauce on my steak was unbelievably good. 



I’m tired. I’ve had too much alcohol. I’ve eaten too much food. But I’m lovin’ every minute of it! Tomorrow I’m back to work, drinking a gallon of water, eating grilled chicken salad, and the early morning gym times. Reality is not very fun after a girls’ weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment