Saturday, July 8, 2023

MW in SL

For Christmas last year, Vikki got me the most epic gift - a ticket to see Morgan Wallen in St. Louis. You might recall I bought her a towel. A towel! We got to finally see him Thursday night at Busch Stadium - one of the most eventful concerts I’ve attended. 



One of the opening acts was Parker McCollum. I think this is about the time an usher had a heart attack in front of us. A doctor, who had just gone out to buy a snack, stopped to render CPR. A few more women, presumably nurses, stopped to assist. So scary! He sounded great once I was able to focus on him and not the EMTs.



The emergency team was called numerous times to assist with “sick” attendees - all carted out in wheel chairs. After a while a new usher was assigned to us, and he comes over to speak and he trips and falls into my arms. I’m thinking what’s up with all of tonight’s rescues? 



Then my guy finally takes that stage, and I’m having the best time singing and dancing. And I spot her. In front of me is a young female running for the trash can sitting a foot away from me and just as she gets to me, she starts throwing up. In my haste to avoid her and her vomit, I tried to run away and tripped over a step and into the arms of another younger (soberish) girl. She caught me while drunk girl continued to hurl. 



After a five hour show, the final fireworks were lit and the stadium lights were flipped on. What a night! So much fun! - even with the medical rescues.



Friday we toured the city. 





And rode the tram to the top of the arch. We purchased the obligatory visitor pic because the tram ride was so memorable.




No comments:

Post a Comment