Thursday, October 15, 2020

Soccer Highlights

For the last 13 years Evan has played organized sports. Thirteen years of countless games and tournaments, hours upon hours of commutes to practices, victories that gave us the greatest of joys, losses that brought heartache and disappointment, and injuries that taught us perseverance and hard work. I didn’t know one thing about soccer when I signed him up at the age of four. I didn’t even know how he was to wear his shin guards. 





But he loved the game and loved to compete, and we never looked back. Here we are in his senior year and I’m just comprehending this might be his last year to play organized soccer. It saddens me in ways that words can not accurately convey. I’m trying to soak up every highlight of this last travel season. Here are two of my favorites from Thursday night’s game. 




No comments:

Post a Comment