Sunday, September 20, 2015

Winners in Every Way

Few things bring me more joy than this.


This weekend we finally won first place in the Decatur tournament. After finishing as finalists, two times in a row, it was real sweet to walk away today as winners. I will be the first to admit that it was not well-received by the other team when Keagan stood tall on the winner's stage and yelled, "We conquered Alabama!"


 
I considered it icing on the cake to be able to watch the games in near perfect weather with out a cloud in the sky. Previous visits to Decatur have not faired nearly as well. I have the mud stains to prove it.
 
My friends at work say I'm crazy; they don't understand how I could possibly fill my weekends with multiple games and long drives to tournaments. I don't know how they fill their time without any sporting events to attend. There's just so many craft fairs and apple orchards I can visit in the fall before I get homesick for my place on the sidelines.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment